As a Freshwater Ecologist / Assistant Freshwater Ecologist you will be primarily analysing and processing macroinvertebrate samples according to RiverWood Ecology Ltd. laboratory procedures. This is a great opportunity for a freshwater enthusiast who is looking to expand their taxonomic skills and professional development within the field of aquatic consultancy. Although the role is predominantly laboratory based, there will be opportunities for fieldwork through our pollution response frameworks.
- Experience of identifying freshwater macroinvertebrates to family/mixed taxon level.
- Educated to degree level in an environmental field, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory setting.
- Demonstratable experience of working under an Analytical Quality Control (AQC) system.
- A sound knowledge of aquatic ecology and relevant legislation.
- Previous experience of taking macroinvertebrate samples in the field.
- Meticulous approach to data-entry and management.
- Working together with the Director to ensure high-quality service is delivered to our clients.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Full clean UK or international driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- Previous use or understanding of freshwater biological indices and their applications.
- Experience with using the RICT2 application.
- Appropriate membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Previous experience of undertaking post-pollution assessments.
- First Aid Qualification.
- Valid CSCS or LISS/CSCS Ecologist card.
Please send a full CV and covering letter electronically with the subject header ‘Assistant/Freshwater Ecologist Application’ by 16:00 on Friday 13th May to: email@example.com
Interviews will be held at our Glensaugh Laboratory Facility, Laurencekirk, AB30 1HB at the beginning of June. Please note there will be a freshwater macroinvertebrate identification test using pre-selected specimens and a binocular microscope.