As a Freshwater Ecologist / Assistant Freshwater Ecologist you will be primarily analysing and processing macroinvertebrate samples according to RiverWood Ecology Ltd. laboratory procedures. This is a great opportunity for a freshwater enthusiast who is looking to expand their taxonomic skills and professional development within the field of aquatic consultancy. Although the role is predominantly laboratory based, there will be opportunities for fieldwork through our pollution response frameworks.
- Experience of identifying freshwater macroinvertebrates to family level.
- A general knowledge of aquatic ecology.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and committed.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Full clean UK or international driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- Appropriate membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Previous experience of working within a laboratory setting and under quality control procedures.
- First Aid Qualification.
Please send a full CV and covering letter electronically with the subject header ‘Assistant/Freshwater Ecologist Application’ by 16:00 on Friday 13th May to: email@example.com
Interviews will be held at our Glensaugh Laboratory Facility, Laurencekirk, AB30 1HB at the beginning of June. Please note there will be a freshwater macroinvertebrate identification test using pre-selected specimens and a binocular microscope.